18. Why you need to prioritize sleep with Dr. Funke Afolabi-Brown
We all know we should sleep more… But somehow it just doesn’t seem all thaaaaat important at 10pm when you have emails to catch up on, Instagram Reels to peruse, or Netflix to binge.
What’s the deal? Why is sleep important and how can we get better at it?
In this week’s episode of the High on Life podcast, I interview Dr. Funke Afolabi-Brown, assistant professor of pediatrics, board-certified pediatric pulmonologist and sleep medicine physician. She helps children sleep better and breathe better and by extension, she helps improve the sleep of their parents.
In addition to teaching and seeing patients, Dr. Brown is a speaker and writer and the founder of Restful Sleep MD
She is passionate about educating and empowering busy women and their children on the importance of prioritizing sleep to achieve their optimal health and live to their fullest potential.
What we cover:
- Effect of poor sleep on general and metabolic health
- Strategies and mindset to prioritize sleep
- Does not dreaming mean you aren’t getting deep sleep?
- How to overcome Revenge Bedtime Procrastination
- The importance of routine and consistency
You can find Dr. Brown at www.restfulsleepmd.com/ and on Instagram @restfulsleepMD