2. I Already Know What I Should Be Eating, I’m Just Not Doing It!
Why do we struggle to follow through on what we “should” be doing? It’s not uncommon to start the day with the best of intentions to eat healthy, only to have those plans abandoned by the end of the night. There are many factors at play, many of which boil down to understanding and overcoming our survival instincts by using our executive functioning. There are strategies we can implement to help us follow through on our intentions to eat healthy.
IN TODAY’S EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Our primal brain function and how this influences what we eat.
- What our executive brain is and when it works best.
- How we develop conditioned responses related to food.
- How planning ahead can help you make healthier food decisions.
- Why a knowledge gap isn’t the main issue for eating healthy (and what is).
- How to recharge the batteries of your prefrontal cortex.
- Ways you can build your personal integrity.
- Why food is a false pleasure.
- How you can manipulate your environment to support healthy eating.
WHERE YOU CAN FIND ME: