24. Overcoming Weight Regain with Dr. Alicia Shelley
On today’s episode I am joined by Dr. Alicia Shelly, who is a Board Certified Internal Medicine/Obesity Medicine physician based in Atlanta, Georgia. She is the the host of a weekly podcast & Youtube channel entitled Back on Track: Overcoming Weight Regain.
Dr. Shelly has personally walked the walk. She had bariatric surgery in 2015 and had significant weight loss, only to regain over 40 lbs in a short time span. She talks about her experience and how she got herself back on track.
- The causes of weight regain
- Weight regain after bariatric surgery
- The mindset and limiting beliefs that many people develop after regaining weight (and how to change that negative thinking!)
- Some marathon and running tips thrown in the mix!
You can follow Dr. Shelly’s marathon and triathlon training on Instagram @drshellymd.